Welcome to The Ladies Salon

I like the idea of a sisterhood of women coming together, sharing thoughts on everything from lipstick to gardening. I am blessed to have some awesome women friends who have shared some great ideas with me. Now I'd like to share what I've learned, what I'm still learning, with you. I also invite you to share your ideas and to become a friend and follower of The Ladies Salon. Welcome, Betty Ann


Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Health & Beauty List for 2012

Dr. Oz has a list of healthy items that should be on your grocery list. Now I have a list of health and beauty items for you to try. This list has been comprised over a period of years of trying different things and selecting those items that worked well for me, or were already proven to help with certain ailments or health issues:



2 teaspoons of blueberries every day-blueberries are a great source of antioxidants and are supposed to help with memory too



Tumeric-GNC has a memory supplement and the main ingredient is tumeric, which is a spice you can buy. To use it yourself it can be sprinkled in chicken dishes and must be heated to be effective.


cinnamon-a teaspoon added to your cereal or yogurt is good for your heart and circulatory system. It also has the added benefit of being an anti-depressant.





Pureolgy shampoos & conditioners-BEST shampoo and conditioners for color-treated hair. They have a great selection depending on your needs but all are alkaline free. Available at ULTA.

Isomers Skin Care-If you want great skin now and in your future you've got to try Isomers. A friend turned me onto Isomers about four months ago and my skin has NEVER looked better! Available at: http://www.shopnbc.com/

2000 units of vitamin D a day, 3000 in winter months if you live in a cold winter climate.

To natually lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol, add walnuts, avocado and oatmeal to your diet. These "good" fats are great for your skin and hair too.

I'll be adding to this list on a monthly basis so check back in! Have a great day!   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment